General Terms and Conditions of competitions
The New Zealand Festival of the Arts will occasionally offer giveaways as part of competitions run by specific promoters. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by both the following New Zealand Festival of the Arts terms and conditions and any additional requirements as set out by the specific competition promoter:
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Except for the items offered in the prize package, all expenses are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- If offered as part of the competition, flights are subject to availability and must be taken on the specified dates, with travel to/from the airport the responsibility of the winner.
- Seating at the specified performance/s will be selected by the Festival. Please advise if there are any specific access requirements.
- The winner will be contacted using the details provided. If a winner cannot be contacted within two working days they will cease to be eligible to win the prize and the Festival reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- The Festival’s decision regarding the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Neither the Festival nor the promoter and its associated agencies and companies shall be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Neither the Festival nor the promoter is liable for any tax implications that may arise as a result of winning.
Win a Wellington Arts Weekend Terms and Conditions
- Buy two or more tickets to any Festival weekend shows (Saturday and/or Sunday between 21 February – 15 March 2020) by Monday 16 December to be entered to win.
- Tickets must be purchased in one transaction on the Ticketmaster website (online), by phone or in person at any Ticketmaster outlet.
- Winner will be announced on 18 December 2019 and contacted using details provided. If a winner cannot be contacted within two working days, the Festival reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- Two return domestic flights (New Zealand) courtesy of Wellington Airport are provided as part of the prize package for one weekend across the Festival. The Flight will depart on a Friday and return on a Sunday within the Festival dates (21 Feb-23 Feb, 28 Feb-01 Mar, 6 Mar-8 Mar, 13 Mar-15 Mar 2020). Flights are subject to availability.
- Two nights’ (being the relevant Friday and Saturday) accommodation are provided as part of the prize package courtesy of Boulcott Suites. The room offered is a premium, one-bedroom, full self-contained room at the Boulcott Suites. The prize is valid for one weekend across the Festival (21 Feb-23 Feb, 28 Feb-01 Mar, 6 Mar-8 Mar, 13 Mar-15 Mar 2020).
- Brunch courtesy of L’affare to a maximum value of $80.
- The winner is responsible for paying all additional costs associated with the prize that are not specifically included, including (where applicable) transport, spending money, insurance, accommodation, room service, in-room expenses, meals and all other incidentals.
- Neither Wellington Airport, Boulcott Suites, L’affare, New Zealand Festival of the Arts nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Acceptance of the prize is deemed consent for Wellington Airport, Boulcott Suites, L’affare and New Zealand Festival of the Arts to use the winner’s details and any photographs for promotional and media purposes without any further reference if required.
- All employees working at Wellington Airport, Boulcott Suites, L’affare and New Zealand Festival of the Arts and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
Power of Three Terms and Conditions
- Buy three or more tickets to any 2020 New Zealand Festival of the Arts shows between 7 November 2019 and 10 March 2020 and be in to win.
- Each Wednesday, from 13 November 2019 – 11 March 2020, the New Zealand Festival of the Arts will reward one lucky ticket buyer who has purchased 3+ tickets with a $300 Festival voucher.
- The voucher can be redeemed on ticketed events within the 2020 New Zealand Festival of the Arts (21 Feb – 15 March 2020) only, subject to availability.
- Tickets must be purchased in one transaction on Ticketmaster website (online), by phone or in person at any Ticketmaster outlet.
- Contact details must be provided to be eligible to enter.
- The New Zealand Festival of the Arts will pay it forward by gifting another three tickets to an eligible charity via our partner Wellington Community Trust.
- All employees working at New Zealand Festival of the Arts and Ticketmaster and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
If you have any queries regarding these, please contact the Festival.
Website Terms and Conditions of use
These Terms & Conditions apply to your browsing and use of this website. These Terms & Conditions also apply to your use of the Festival’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube pages (“Social Media Pages”), in addition to the Festival’s Social Media Policy and the standard terms and conditions of use of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube that apply between you and each of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. By viewing the pages of this website, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted these Terms & Conditions. The terms “we”, “us” and “our” or the “Festival” are a reference to the New Zealand Festival of the Arts Trust as the holder of the domain name www.festival.nz. References to “you” and “your” are references to you.
This website, any information contained on it, and these Terms & Conditions of use will be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, New Zealand law. The New Zealand courts have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any disputes concerning matters involving this website.
Unless otherwise stated, you may access, view, copy, print or temporarily store textual material published by the Festival on this website and our Social Media Pages for your personal use only and, when printing or storing material, in limited quantities. You may not reproduce, adapt, distribute or incorporate anything from this website or our Social Media Pages in any other work (in whole or in part), including republishing it for any commercial or other purpose, without the Festival's express written consent.
The copyright in all materials (including rights in text, graphics, arrangement and overall design of this website) displayed or available on this website either belongs to the Festival or is used by the Festival with permission.
Some material on this website, including trademarks and logos, is the intellectual property of third parties. The Festival has obtained consent from these third parties for the use of their intellectual property on this website. Your rights in relation to that material are as defined by the copyright owner of the material.
While the Festival has endeavoured to ensure that the information on this website and our Social Media pages is accurate, current and complete, it does not accept liability for any error, misstatement or omission. Regardless of the source or origin of any content on this website and our Social Media pages, you agree that any use you make of such content is at your own risk and that the Festival is not responsible for the accuracy of such content, or for any loss suffered by you as a result of reliance on that content.
The Festival may change the material on this website and our Social Media pages at any time without notice. In the unlikely event that an unauthorised person makes changes to this website or our Social Media pages, the Festival does not accept responsibility for those changes. Errors are subject to correction.
You will receive a password upon signing up to this website. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and email address.
You agree not to use this website or our Social Media pages to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content which is defamatory, offensive or unlawful. You agree to indemnify and hold the Festival harmless from any claim made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit, transmit, modify or otherwise make available on this website and our Social Media Pages.
The website and Social Media pages may provide you and other users an opportunity to submit, post, display, transmit and/or exchange information, ideas, opinions, photographs, images, video, creative works or other information, messages, transmissions or material to us, the website or others ("Post" or "Postings"). You are responsible for the content of all of your Postings.
You will ensure that in relation to any material you Post:
- it does not breach any laws or applicable industry codes
- it is not unlawful, offensive, obscene, indecent, defamatory, libellous, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, discriminatory, hateful or could incite violence
- it does not contain, refer to or encourage:
- offensive language;
- violence towards any thing or any person;
- damage to property;
- criminal activity;
- offensive behaviour; or any activity that is morally questionable
- it does not contain or refer to sexual activity or sexuality
- it does not contain derogatory remarks about any person or organisation
- it does not contain any information that is untrue or incorrect or implies that to be the case
- it does not breach the intellectual property rights of any person or organisation
- it does not purport to reflect our views or be binding on, or posted by, the Festival.
All material Posted by you will be regarded as public information and may be treated by us as such. In particular, by Posting on our website or Social Media Pages, you acknowledge that we (and/or anyone else) can use, copy, reproduce, modify, publish and distribute the material in any and all media or distribution methods. This also means we can reproduce your Posts for promotional or commercial purposes (with no compensation paid to you).
We do not make any representation about nor endorse nor accept any responsibility for the content or view of material Posted on this website or our Social Media Pages by any person. Postings on any of the Festival’s Social Media Pages do not reflect the views, opinions or position of the Festival, its trustees or employees.
We reserve the right to remove any material Posted by you on this website or our Social Media Pages, and to suspend or prohibit your use of this website or our Social Media Pages, at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
The Festival welcomes feedback, comments, reviews and ideas from all our followers, and will endeavour to join in and contribute to the conversation where possible. However, due to resource constraints we are not able to reply individually to all the Postings we receive via our Social Media Pages.
We will endeavour to update and monitor our Social Media Pages during office hours, Monday to Friday (other than public holidays). However, the Festival does not have any obligation to monitor, edit, or review any Posts to its Social Media Pages, nor do we accept responsibility for lack of service due to Social Media provider downtime.
This website and our Social Media Pages may contain links to third party websites. The Festival has no control over the content of such websites and does not make any representations about, nor endorses, such websites. The links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The Festival is not responsible for the content, validity, accuracy, or the use, of any other website. You should check the terms and conditions applicable to any other websites you use.
You may not create a link from any other website to any part of this website, without the Festival's express written consent.
Your use of this website and our Social Media Pages is at your own risk. Subject to any terms implied by law (including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, where applicable) which cannot be excluded, the Festival shall not be responsible or liable, in contract, tort (including negligence), equity or otherwise for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or punitive damage, or for any loss of profit, income or savings, or any costs or expenses incurred or suffered by you or any other person, arising out of, or in connection with, your access to, or use of, this website, our Social Media Pages or any linked websites.
All warranties, whether expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, fitness for purpose or usefulness of the information contained on this website and our Social Media Pages are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever information you select for your use is free of items such as viruses, worms, trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature.
The Festival Privacy Statement and Social Media Policy is incorporated into these terms and conditions.
[By purchasing tickets to Festival events you consent to be included in film and sound recordings of the Festival and for these recordings to be used by the Festival in any medium or context without further authorisation by, or compensation to, you.]
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions please contact the Festival.