FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER
Tāwhiri Festivals and Experiences is looking for a Finance Business Partner
- Values driven New Zealand Charity with collaborative and supportive culture
- Chance to shape the future direction of the finance systems
- Use your commercial acumen to add valuable insights and influence strategic direction
This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially experienced Finance Business Partner to be part of the dynamic team behind the not-for-profit creative events producing company, Tāwhiri. Tāwhiri is the creative force behind festivals and experiences in Wellington including:
Aotearoa New Zealand Festival of the Arts, Lexus Song Quest, & Wellington Jazz Festival.
Tāwhiri is a small, collaborative, values driven, and fast-moving creative events production company with a dynamic team looking for a Senior qualified accountant (CA /CPA) to become a trusted business advisor adding value and enabling the company’s smooth running and financial sustainability.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- New Zealand CA qualified or similar, Relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 6-10 years management accounting experience
- Ability to pick up new systems
- Superior analytical skills
- Commercial Acumen
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to manipulate data efficiently and accurately
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both verbal and written
- Ability to efficiently prioritise, managing workloads by meeting all deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Experience leading and motivating a team.
A proactive problem-solver and solution-finder, you will bring initiative and rigour to the company’s Financial operation as the organisation evolves through the coming years. You will be adaptable and comfortable operating in an environment of change.
The Finance Business Partner is responsible for analytical insights, data modelling, relationship management and the delivery of end to end financial and management accounting. This includes providing advice, support and reporting for other members of the Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Complete monthly accounts for all related Charities (x5)
- Prepare monthly management reports and compile financial analysis
- Prepare the annual statutory reports
- Lead the annual external audit
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Maintain the financial systems, processes & controls
- Lead the annual budget process
- Review and ensure tax compliance for the group, preparing taxes such as GST, PAYE, WT
- Lead and review work of the finance team
- Monitor the teams’ management of the AR and AP functions
- Manage cashflow of the group
- Manage payroll
- Manage the Donations/Memberships/Subscriptions processes
- Develop, implement, and manage the finance processes for new projects
- Implement process improvement in all aspects of the role
- Maintain and nurture business relationships
To apply, please provide a CV outlining your relevant experience as well as a one-page cover letter which describes how your qualities, skills and experience meet the capabilities of the role.
Applications close 5pm Friday 22 April
Apply or view the job description: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
Further enquiries: Leanne Brockelbank on 04 550 8000